I recorded ALL my synchronicities for 10 days… What do they mean?
Synchronicity: An Extremely Brief Primer
If you’ve ever seen “something” which has recurred more than a time or two as you make your way through the day/week/month, then you’ve likely experienced a synchronicity. The most common of these would be numbers, and the most prolific of these when searching the Interweb is “11 11” (or 1111, 11:11, etc). Depending on who’s interpretation you go with, it can mean anything: A gateway? An indication of something transformative on the horizon for you? Some entity beyond the veil trying to dial you up? Confirmation that you’re on the “right path” (whatever that is)?
The only thing I feel confident in saying is that number patterns *definitely* recur throughout my week, and sometimes multiple times a day. I guess I started noticing it only a couple of years ago, and when I consider that it makes me feel like I was this incredibly unobservant dullard all this time (heh). Nowadays, the frequency to which I notice the various patterns is very high. I’ve always been “plugged in”, so it’s not like I’m any more exposed to screen time than I was before I started noticing the numbers. I notice them recur on non-computing devices as well, so perhaps there’s simply something else going on?
I’m up for suggestions as to what these might mean (plz help?)
I recorded the context from when I noticed the numbers, and I accidentally missed a couple here and there when too much time elapsed before I could get to a computer to record it, thus my title is clickbait!
For the sake of preserving the “happenstance” nature of seeing these patterns, I’ve deliberately excluded all ‘static’ instances of them that I regularly see in my environment, or in pop-culture. For example, ‘444’ on a billboard that I pass by often throughout the week, or ‘666’ being used in someone’s username.
The following patterns might not mean anything y’know? Just because some patterns eerily recur in a noticeable way doesn’t mandate that they have to have some profound meaning. I’m probably wrong, but anyway here goes:
- 3/24/19 – was making a sandwich and noticed it for the time on the microwave
- 3/24/19 – was the health of one of my characters on a dungeon crawling game I’ve been playing
- 3/28/19 – saw it as the number of comments on a thread about how Slime Rancher’s controller support is broken
- 3/29/19 – saw it on the computer as I was wrapping up what I was doing, prior to going to sleep
- 3/22/19 – saw it on a microwave clock in a video of a youtuber that’s new to me who was having fun frying chicken in the microwave (and failing at it)
- 3/23/19 – was on the video time for a video by Ängie titled “Nothing is everything”
- 3/27/19 – was the available hit points left for the main character of the RPG I was playing (Opaline)
- 3/28/19 – number of likes on a comment for a 30 year reunion skateboarding documentary
- 3/29/19 – number of likes of a comment about a very controversial musician of the early 90s
- 3/29/19 – number of likes for a comment on a home video snippet of Kurt and Courtney who were being playful with each other
- 3/21/19 – noticed the subscriber count of a youtuber who’s investigating the Forrest Fenn treasure when I was watching a short video by them titled: Forrest Fenn – No Creek?
- 3/22/19 – the total time for a dragon ball super video in my recommendeds that looked really cool
- 3/22/19 – noticed it on a counter for my number of kills on this dungeon-crawling game i’d been playing for some hours
- 3/23/19 – the video playtime in my recommendeds for a music video by Ängie titled [something I can’t write here ;p]
- 3/23/19 – noticed it on a recommended Ryukahr video that had 333k views
- 3/23/19 – the number of likes for a particularly witty comment on a video game trailer
- 3/24/19 – noticed it on the goal percentage bar of a twitch gamer from a world record guitar hero mod video clip included in a “score progression” video
- 3/25/19 – saw another video in my recommendeds which had 333k views
- 3/26/19 – again, I saw 333k views on a youtube video for a wolf hybrid playing with his pups
- 3/27/19 – noticed it in the total time of a short mukbang documentery video
- 3/28/19 – noticed it (in 4-digit form) for the length of a video discussing the “bible oil” paranormal phenomenon
420 [Don’t read too much into that, haha]
- 3/22/19 – noticed on the clock above my bed after I meditated on my cardio and breathing health (since I was feeling bad)
- 3/23/19 – was highly considering starting a written piece about a topic which came to mind, then saw that I was on this numbered episode of Naruto Shippuden
- 3/26/19 – was woken up by loud children (I slept during the day) and noticed it on my clock when I looked to see what time it was
- 3/29/19 – noticed the timestamp mentioned in a comment for (apparently) a fart sound made when Marilyn Manson was being interviewed on Headbanger’s Ball
- 3/21/19 – noticed it as the time on the microwave when I was having a particularly trying night (early morning) where everything was going wrong
- 3/25/19 – saw it as the first 3 numbers of the length of a longplay video for a gamecube game
- 3/27/19 – noticed it as the total time of a recommended video which claimed “This Minecraft update changes everything”
- 3/19/19 – paused “The man with the rewired brain” video and was headed for the Steam community tab when I saw it on the clock (AM)
- 3/20/19 – comment on a video for an 8yo kid drummer playing a really hard metal song: “Suuuuper edited. Just skip to 5:55 to see the jankiest edit job ever.”
- 3/24/19 – saw it on a time stamp for a Super Mario 64 video indicating a Yoshi bonus area after you’ve fully completed the game
- 3/27/19 – was the number of likes on a comment for a comedy video about my favorite manga
- 3/28/19 – noticed it on the total time of a video about multiple personalities talking to each other about something
- 3/24/19 – noticed it on the counter of a guitar hero mod video about a song called Souless 4
- 3/25/19 – was the number of likes on a comment for a video about Emma Chamberlain’s lack of hygiene
- 3/23/19 – noticed it on the license plate of a van which was parked in front of us during a moment when we were having a lot of fun laughing with each other
- 3/22/19 – saw it was the remaining time left on a Naruto Shippuden episode I was on
- 3/24/19 – was the total time of a recommended meme compilation video
- 3/27/19 – noticed it on the total time for a video in my recommendeds discussing something about how Article 11 [EU] will “destroy” the Internet
- 3/28/19 – casually noticed it when I was very bored and looked down at the time (morning)
- 3/27/19 – noticed it on the microwave clock after I had finished “busywork”-type of things for the night
- 3/29/19 – noticed it for the total time of a video of an early 90s comedy grindcore band
Oddly enough, I didn’t experience “1111” by happenstance at all during the full 10 days! Feel free to interpret these however you will. I’d love to read your comments below about how synchronicity has occurred in your own life, and would of course be ecstatic to know any theory you have about the ones I listed as well!